2576-2578 Folsom Street
Sales Price $1,875,000 | List Price $1,495,000 | 5 Beds · 2 Baths
HANDSOME 2-UNIT VICTORIAN WITH LARGE GARAGE, YARD AND DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL
- Charming 3 bedroom, 1 bath upper unit (owner occupied)
- 2 bedroom, 1 bath lower unit fixer upper (vacant)
- Upper unit features open floor plan with remodeled kitchen and bath
- Wonderful deck off upper unit living area overlooking the yard
- Period details, high ceilings, hardwood and softwood floors
- Huge 1-car garage plus 1 car gated driveway parking
- Expansive basement with 8+ foot ceilings and development potential
- Oversized lot (3,368 square feet, per tax records*)
- Large rear yard offers many landscaping opportunities
- Upgraded electrical, plumbing, framing and kitchen windows
- Built before 1900; bolted, concrete foundation
- Zoned RH-3 as per tax records and 3R report
- Great walkable and bike-friendly location
- Easy access to fabulous restaurants, cafes and shopping
- Walk to public trans and Silicon Valley shuttles + easy freeway access
This handsome Victorian building, situated on a prime, tree-lined Mission block, has been lovingly cared for and updated by its architect owner over the past fifteen years. Detached on three sides and situated on an oversized lot), the property gets amazing natural light. The owner lives in the upper remodeled unit; the lower 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit is a vacant fixer-upper that offers loads of potential! This is a wonderful opportunity to live in one unit while you develop the other as an investment property or personal residence.
The sunny, upper 3 bedroom unit boasts an open floor plan with remodeled kitchen and bathroom. Two large bedrooms, a smaller fainting room and updated sky-lit bathroom are situated at the front, with the open kitchen, living room and spacious deck overlooking the large west-facing yard. The bright kitchen features newer appliances, ample cabinetry and recessed lighting. Enjoy beautiful hardwood and softwood floors, newer kitchen and bathroom windows, 11 foot ceilings and many period details.
The building also boasts upgraded electrical, plumbing, framing, re-built front stairs/landing and new garage door. There is a spacious 1 car garage that can likely be re-graded to accommodate 2 cars, an expansive storage/basement area, and one car outdoor parking through the shared, gated driveway.
This gracious building is located in the heart of the Mission District – just footsteps to fantastic shopping, restaurants, art galleries, cafes and more! Stroll to Flour and Water, Limon Rotisserie, Foreign Cinema, Salumeria and Central Kitchen, among many others. The property is also situated in an amazing commuter location, with easy highway access, easy biking to downtown, and walking distance to public transportation and high tech shuttles.
* Seller and Listing Agents do not guarantee the accuracy of the square footage. Prospective Buyers are advised to independently verify the accuracy of square footage.